Sunday, December 11, 2005

"woven": woo-fun!

stussy "woven" tee/ supreme flight pant/ grey htm woven boot
*******

power to the people and the beats
Public Enemy has a singles compilation. buy.
*******
Its been a nice weekend to say the least. Prob its due to having my much-neglected sleep given back to me. Gosh, 7 hours of sleep is such a rare commodity. I met up with one of my long-time buddies couple of days ago, he of the rare breed that begets him intellect, ability and good looks (he's single too if theres any interested ones out there) that allows him to soar above his peers. You can't imagine how big his eyes were when he heard i was pulling 11-12hour days and not getting over-time pay. Can't blame him, i too feel stupid for myself. These couple of days of leave will probably not be filled with fun and enjoyment that much, but at least i get some shut-eye and de-stress. I almost freaked out when a colleague pointed out white hairs that had sprouted unbeknownst to me, ugh.



Its a strange thing which i can't really explain, but does anyone else feel that sometimes theres this faint strain of music that floats in your memory bank, something that evokes even more thought and nostalgia? I'm not making any sense here but i've always put it down to the fact that my dad used what any loving dad will do to put me at ease/sleep/play: he played good ol music on his cassette player to his playful son. Eric Clapton, Shadows, ABBA, Don Mclean, Richie Valens, Kenny Rogers, Elvis...and Beatles. Dad wasn't approving of them Liverpudlians, like any conservative Chinese dad, he felt they were too "wild", "provocative", and that rock n roll was too crazy. Amazingly, like all dads are, he was right. and i was on a trip! I belonged to a generation that wasn't supposed to know about Lennon and his band of merry souls. Thank god for cassette tapes and bootlegs. Think MP3s. Sometimes it does feel that history does repeat itself, just reappearing in other forms.

Anyways, imagine what might have been had Lennon not been assainated 25 years ago?
Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
It isn't hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
in the world as one.

Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.


Random

I think this is an awesome gift. I'm a nerd, so what? Landmarks of the World special edition
Buy here


Milkfed for the cutie ladies. Go shop


Lovely poster by RC studios, with unique "scratch-off" ink to reveal what you actually have! I need 1 for my x'mas list next year!


Howies from UK does some nice clothing. I love their writings as well....

In case you didn't know already, purple is IN this season. But so is pink and lime:

Much mahalos to John for the Hawaii-five-O tee. Futura & Stash on Island Snow x Recon blank. mmmm....

finally found something to match my nike x undefeated dunk hi's

Pix


vehicle of choice: Rolls Royce

No comments: